Examples of Company Values from Leading Tech Companies
Successful companies put a lot of time and effort into defining company values that actually mean something. While every company should develop a unique set of company values, we wanted to give you some perspective on how other companies approach their company values. Here's a list of examples from leading tech companies:
- Focus on the user and all else will follow
- It’s best to do one thing really, really well
- Fast is better than slow
- Democracy on the web works
- You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer
- You can make money without doing evil
- There’s always more information out there
- The need for information crosses all borders
- You can be serious without a suit
- Great just isn’t good enough
Read more about Google’s values here.
- Be Bold
- Focus on Impact
- Move Fast
- Be Open
- Build Social Value
Read more about Facebook’s values here.
- Customer Obsession
- Invent and Simplify
- Are Right, A Lot
- Learn and Be Curious
- Hire and Develop The Best
- Insist on the HIghest Standards
- Think Big
- Bias for Action
- Earn Trust
- Dive Deep
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit
- Deliver Results
Read more about Amazon’s company values here.
Read more about Netflix’s approach to culture here.
- Champion the mission (by living the mission)
- Be a Host
- Every frame matters
- Be a Cereal Entrepreneur
- Embrace the adventure
Watch CEO of Airbnb talk about the company’s approach to culture here.
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
- Respect for the Individual
- Service to the Customer
- Excellence Must Be a Way of Life
- Managers Must Lead Effectively
- Obligations to Stockholders
- Fair Deal for the Supplier
Read more about IBM’s values here.
- Integrity & Honesty
- Open & Respectful
- Big Challenges
- Self Critical
Read more about Microsoft’s company values here.
- Our Members Come First
- Relationships Matter
- Be Open, Honest and Constructive
- Demand Excellence
- Take Intelligent Risks
- Act Like an Owner
Read more about Linkedin’s culture here.
Read more about Spotify’s values here.