Questions for your next performance review organized by category.
- How effective of a leader is this person, either through direct management or influence?Does this person help improve the skills of the people around them?
- How can this person improve their leadership?
- What specific examples of leadership can you share?
- Does this person make the people around them excited and happy to be here?
- Provide an example of one company value they brought to life and how
- How does this person stand up against the pillars of culture? What have been their successes? What are their challenges?
- Does this person own the solution to problems? Are they proactive or reactive?
- How well does this person illustrate new thinking/novel approaches to tough challenges?
- Does this person come up with new ideas, fresh approaches, and innovative solutions in their work?
- Does this employee effectively communicate with others?
- Does the employee take direction and follow orders well?
- How well does this person listen to others and communicate with clarity?
- How well does this person give and receive feedback with others?
- Does this person work well with other people?
- How well does this person work on a team?
- Provides clear, objective, timely and focused feedback to any direct reports, peers and managers.
- How would you recommend this person improves their interpersonal skills?
- How well does this person contribute to the overall success and function of the team?
- What areas of impact did you have on your projects, your team or the organization?
- How would you rate the quality of the employee’s work?
- To what degree has this person demonstrated business impact?
- On a scale of 1 to 5, how effective do you think this person is in their role?
- Is this person productive? Do they work quickly, while maintaining quality work product?
- How well does this person set and meet deadlines? How reasonable are their time estimates?
- Is this person detail oriented?
- How effectively does this person prioritize their workload?
- Does this person effectively manage their time?
- How timely is the employee about the completion of their work?
- Is the employee capable of working independently with little to no supervision?
Career Development: Self Review
- What can you improve?
- What are your key strengths?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What do you think you should do differently next year?
- What do you want to accomplish in the coming year?
- When you look back over your career, what do you want to have accomplished?
- What do you want your next position at the company to be? What elements of your job do you find most difficult?
- What elements of your job interest you the most, and the least?
Career Development: Peer Review
- If you could give this person one piece of constructive advice to make them more effective in their role, what would you say?
- Overall, what areas of focus do you think could most help this person grow in their career?